Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions for Employers to participate in this initiative.
The terms and conditions of participating in the initiative are as follows:
- Duration of employment offered should be for a minimum of two (2) years. Offers for periods of less
than 2 years will be subject to review.
- Companies must ensure that terms of employment do not prejudice scholars or compare
disadvantageously to a similar non-scholar candidate, and that tasks or assignments given to
scholars are not detrimental to the Government or against any provisions of their scholarship
- Companies are expected to deliver reports on scholars' performance and progress upon request by
TalentCorp. This can be done in accordance with the company's review and reporting procedures.
- Companies are expected to inform TalentCorp if a scholar will be or is subjected to disciplinary
action or investigation by the company.
- Companies are expected to notify TalentCorp in the event of the resignation or termination of a
scholar and provide reasons for resignation or termination.
- Companies are expected to inform TalentCorp in the event that the company's status changes
significantly to affect its ability to qualify for and meet the requirements of the program.
Terms and conditions for Scholars to participate in this initiative.
The terms and conditions of participating in the program are as follows:
- Scholars continue to be bound to the terms and conditions of their scholarship contract with JPA.
- Scholars must report for duty to JPA upon graduation and apply to Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam
(SPA) as per existing procedures. Failure to do so will negate eligibility for the STAR initiative.
- Scholars are expected to seek employment among the participating companies by undergoing the usual
company recruitment processes.
- Scholars are expected to inform TalentCorp if and when they receive an offer from a participating
- Upon receipt of an offer letter from a participating company, scholars are expected to submit an
application along with a copy of the offer letter via TalentCorp to obtain JPA's approval to serve
in the company.
- If approved, scholars are expected to serve their bond term with the company and will be monitored
- Scholars are allowed to switch to another participating company once (1) throughout
their bond period. Additional requests to switch will be subject to review.