NOTICE UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
In view of the recent enforcement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ('Act') in Malaysia, Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad (“TalentCorp”), is in the midst of exercising compliance of the Act. This Notice shall serve as our endeavours to keep you informed and to help you better understand the manner in which your personal data is managed and to give you the options available to you to access or limit the use of the information provided. The Act also requires TalentCorp to obtain your consent for the usage and processing of your personal data.
Categories of Personal Data that we collect
Under the Act, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is someone who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or the person's physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social characteristics (“Personal Data”).
For the purpose of this Notice, the Personal Data collected and processed by us may include but not limited to:
- Name, Identity Card number and date of birth;
- Contact details including address, phone number(s) and email address;
- Occupation and place of employment;
- Any other personal data required for the purposes as set out below.
Purpose of collecting your Personal Data
The Personal Data previously collected from you is being, and will continue to be used for the following purposes including but not limited to:
- To process your application to participate in our programmes or initiative(s);
- To administer your participation in our in our programmes or initiative(s);
- To administer your user account with any related site maintained and operated by TalentCorp (collectively, the “Websites”);
- To facilitate access to and use of the Websites and services relating to your application or user account;
- To confirm, update and enhance your records;
- To conduct market research and/or statistical analysis;
- For marketing purposes (subject to any objections received and/or consents obtained, for which see below);
- To communicate our latest initiatives via sms blast, telemarketing or email blast; and
- To respond and to you requests, complaints or enquiries made via call, email, letters, faxes or our social media platforms.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be kept confidential but such Personal Data may be provided to the following parties for the purposes set out above:
- Government agencies that work closely with TalentCorp for the purpose of carrying out the mandate of Government of Malaysia;
- Participating companies of TalentCorp's programmes or initiatives that you have participated or intent to participate;
- Subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies or affiliates of TalentCorp;
- Companies solely or jointly-controlled by TalentCorp;
- A person or company acting on behalf of TalentCorp;
- Any other person or company, who has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided they have a right to such information; and
- Any other person(s) or governmental authorities required or permitted by law.
Personal data and information provided by you will not be processed for any other purposes contrary to what is set out in Paragraph 2 above. TalentCorp will not disclose Personal Data and information obtained to any other third party apart from those set out in this Paragraph 3 without your consent.
Non-Provision of Personal Data
In the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied or is not satisfactory to us, then your application or request to us for any of the abovementioned purposes may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on the Websites may be denied or we will not be able to provide the full range of services through the Websites.
The submission of your Personal Data to us for the abovementioned purposes in Paragraph 2 shall be deemed as your express consent for us to process and to disclose your Personal Data and any updates of your information, for the purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the purpose.
Security of Personal Data
TalentCorp is taking prudent steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all Personal Data, including appropriate procedural, organizational and technical steps to protect Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or disclosure. These steps include entering into written agreements with subcontractors who process Personal Data in accordance with TalentCorp's instructions and incorporating TalentCorp's own data protection standards as a minimum.
TalentCorp has reasonable security policies and procedures in place to protect Personal Data from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Despite our best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of our ability, access to your Personal Data is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the Personal Data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
Retention of Personal Data
TalentCorp will take all reasonable steps to ensure that:
- Personal Data are retained only for so long as the information is necessary to comply with your request or until you request that the information be deleted according to our internal procedures; and
- the Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted, where possible, after the purpose is served.
Access to Personal Data
The Act allows you the right to access the Personal Data you have submitted. You may at any time hereafter make inquiries, complaints and request for access to, or correction of, your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data by submitting such request to our postal address, fax number or email address as set out below:
Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad
Level 6, Surian Tower
No. 1, Jalan PJU 7/3
47810 Petaling Jaya